There are many legends of Sweet Hollow Road:
- The 1st one is that awhile ago 3 boys committed suicide by hanging themselves off of the Northern State overpass bridge on Sweet Hollow Road. It is said that when driving down Sweet Hollow Road, if you look up at the bridge you will see 3 bodies hanging there. NOTE: There is no town record of this.
- The 2nd urban legend of Sweet Hollow Road is that a bus full of children was driving in snowy conditions on the Northern State overpass bridge The bus lost control and slipped off of the bridge killing everyone on board. NOTE: There is no town record of this.It is said that when you drive under the bridge, if you put your car in neutral, supposedly the car will start to move out from underneath the bridge. People say that this is the kids pushing your car out of harms way. NOTE: There is an incline on the road underneath the bridge.
- The 3rd urban legend of Sweet Hollow Road is the white lady. The story goes as follows: A lady named Mary and her boyfriend was driving down Sweet Hollow Road one night. They got into a fight and supposedly her boyfriend pushed her out of the car or she jumped out of the car while it was in motion, the stories differ. Then a car that was following hit her and killed her. It is said that when you are driving down Sweet Hollow Road at night you will see a lady in white on the side of the road and then when you go to pass her she jumps out at your car. The lady in white is also supposed to be Mary from “Mary’s Grave”, and people say that you can find her grave stone in the graveyard that is on Sweet Hollow Road.
- The 4th urban legend of Sweet Hollow Road is that supposedly a while ago a police officer got shot and killed on Sweet Hollow Road. It is said that while you are driving on Sweet Hollow Road you will get pulled over by a cop. The cop comes over to you car, questions you and then lets you go. As the cop turns away to go back to his car, the back of his head is blown out from a shotgun. NOTE: There is no town record of this.
- The 5th urban legend from Sweet Hollow Road is the ghost kids. Supposedly back in the 1930’s there was a day camp on Sweet Hollow Road and the kids that went there got abused and some of them killed. It is said while driving on Sweet Hollow Road at night you will see a group of kids in 1930s clothing walking on the side of the road, and then just disappear.
NOTE: The legends of Sweet Hollow Road are also closely tied and intertwined with Mount Misery.
Observed Activity: Some unusual photographs have been taken around the bridge area. Empaths have reported feelings in the same location. A cemetery is located on the road just South of the bridge but access is private. Otherwise, this area appears to be more legend than paranormal reality.