A Brief History: The John Ward house is one of the 17th century homes that still stands in Salem, Massachusetts. Ward purchased an acre of land located at 9 Brown Street in the year of 1684. This was across the street from the prison that was used during the witch trials. The John Ward house was moved in the year 1910 to its current location, 132 Essex Street. It is now apart of the Peabody Essex Museum.
Haunted History: People have claimed to see an apparition of a man in 17th century clothing standing in front of the house and then disappear. While tourists have toured the house they claimed that they feel an unusual gust of wind blow through the house.