A Brief History: The Royal Hotel is located at 57 Bank Street in New London Connecticut. It was built in 1830, and was a hotel from the 1840s to 1874. This hotel was known as Bacons Hotel because it was run by William Bacon and his brother John. It was expanded and became a three-floor building instead of two stories. In 1880, after the building expanded it was renamed with the name Bacon House. In 1897 the building burned down and was replaced by the Gravitt building. However the top floors still contained a hotel known now as the Royal Hotel. Over the years the hotel became out of date and a little rundown.
Haunted History: There have been claims of hearing loud bangs coming from the 2nd floor of the building. There have also been claims of unusual screaming in the middle of the night.